Landscape Auto Material

Could you send detail WTR of this bug to ? We didn’t received reports on this problem.
Thank you!

Using the LAM 4.12 version with 4.14, which seems to be the newest? Getting log messages regarding all the rocks i think, "Warning Mobility of Landscape_0 : HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_131 has to be ‘Movable’ if you’d like to move.
"

A quick fix is to overwrite the rock meshes, with foliage for instance.

Yeah - i haven’t used this in a few months. Removed it fully from my project due to FPS issues, and, a few other reasons.

I’ll get that done tomorrow when I wake up, like I said it’s no biggie, more of an annoyance.

Inside of the foliage instance spawner you can change the mobility of the meshes to match your current lighting solution

Hey, I emailed a few days ago about getting an updated version (since I bought it from the site) and haven’t gotten a reply yet. ;_;

Hi Trent,

Sorry for late reply. I’ve made an answer for you.

When is the next release of this scheduled for?

This better be on the cyber monday sale

Thanks much, sir!

hello guys, i have a question…is it possible to implement a blueprint actor to the Automatic grass meshes function; to spawn random items in a specific material.
i mean, in the auto material grass spawn only in a specific texture, i would like to implement something like sticks.

is it possible?

Cool plug-in but I got a problem. I’m trying to add a painted road to the scene, I’m using another layer with a dirt texture and it works fine (although there’s little blending and the strenght of the brush doesn’t affect at all) but when I try to fix the road painting with auto layer on, the road texture is pulled in the direction of the brush (even keeping brush falloff at 0) and it never completly disappears, just move from place to place around the brush. I have no clue why this happens… 6625fdbccb9087bcb1f7dbcc823a95630f40fbbe.jpeg

Nobody knows a way to do something like this or same?

I was wondering if someone figured out a way to deal with ugly tiling in the distance like on my mountains in this screen?

I was expecting a built-in material function like a transition to flat color but it doesn’t seem to exist - any pointers?

EDIT:

If you got questions you can always ask them directly at , I asked mine yesterday and I already got an answer.

The answer is apparently to play with Side_MacroScale in the material instance parameters.

Hi guys,
Yes, we are looking for feedback on ([EMAIL=“”]) mailbox more often than this topic. You can tag @SDVenom to get more fasten answer to your message on Epic forum.

To set up macro variation you can use parameters mentioned in previous message. How it works: https://www.veagames.com/features (see Macro-variations).

And also couple good news!

1. We are preparing a new tutorial video about using custom content with LAM and the video about adding of additional layers with foliage to LAM
  2. Winter pack is coming soon, and we have a good results with ultra-natural snowflakes and VR-ready demoscene.
  3. A couple of new ultra helpful tools are coming. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

Nice. any time frame?

like button. Any timeframe?

Guys,
someone know how to solve issue with missing collisions on stones placed in Landscape Grass Type, called “Stone_01”?

Thanks

@SDVenom
Any Timeframe?

I don’t think this plugin can be used in a map of 2km x 2km size, correct? What is the borderline of map size can build with this without having the crazy FPS drop? Like for GTX550 or maybe lower GPU? Especially a multiplayer online game map.