Landscape Auto Material

Did you turned off Tessellation from Material setup (it’s NOT material instance setup), as I mentioned below?

@qdelpeche
I’ve updated links to screenshots from my previous post.

ah there it is!
thanks - i will turn it off from there!

Update:
hitting 100fps on single Asus ROG 1080GTX
Removed Tess and all auto-foliage

Do you plan to make an Example how to add more Layers? I want to add a Layer where i can Paint a Grid. I was able to add a Grid Layer what is transparent and always visible but not paintable.

Can you upload some screenshots of what you turned off. I turned off Tess in the main material but I am still getting 30 FPS. I have two 980TI and this is driving me crazy. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Turned off the tess from main material and some other things, now i forget, since the update, it ended up overwriting all the settings.
Went back after update and only turned off tess.

While im here …
@SDVenom,
When using the auto foliage, the rocks dont have collision. Also, what foliage setup should i be changing to use different grass and rocks? I changed them all (that i think was all of them) and i got no changes …

How to remove rocks of the material added in landscape?

if you go into the material (not the master one), like the 5th thing down is the foliage, set it to 0. This will turn off the grass and rocks from LAM

Thank you soo much, but i need only remove the rocks but this dont have colision :S, or i need something to add collision only to rocks, i test adding collision box to all the rocks on my landscape but its very heavy of doing.

Sorry for my neandertal english :d

Oh, thats what i am asking about as well.

iirc, LAM relies on material-based foliage placement. I don’t think that supports foliage collision.

unfortunate - so i guess the question now is “how do i turn off just the rocks for this?”

Should be able to look at the foliage data per-layer (start inside the material, then check the material instance, and that should lead you to how the rocks are being included). I’d straight-up tell you, but I haven’t used LAM in a few months.

In the material its simply a function of on/off. I have found a couple things in the LAM folders that, when i change the grass types, nothing happens. Im not sure where its pulling from … i have removed the rocks from the foliage types and, still rocks …

Uno momento, let me load up the project that has LAM in it. ANSWERS FORTHCOMING.

So, if you look in the primary LAM material (Landscape_Automaterial_M) you should be able to search around and find the foliage comment box (that’s where this screenshot is taken). If you select the “Grass” node, you can see where each of the grass types are defined. If you look in those, you’ll be able to hunt down the location of the rocks being included in one of the types.

Lemme know if this isn’t helpful.

hugs,
trent

omg, i love you - how the heck did i miss this … i have looked in there 100 times … maybe i overlooked it due to frustration … or simply just not wanting to look again hahaha …

Honestly, it’s a pretty rough material to get comfortable with. I have an OCD tendency to reorganize and rejigger all materials I end up using in my game, so I was very intimate with LAM on a previous project. It appears in my dreams. And my nightmares.

Glad you were able to find it. :slight_smile:

Has anyone here tried LAM on Mac? I can’t find any info on how to get starter with LAM in UE on Mac.
Thanks

Hi, Thanks for this, I’ve two problems:

1- I don’t know why landscape hasn’t collision and my player can’t walk …

2-Also I’ve this warning all time
PIE:Warning: Warning AttachTo: ‘/Game/LandscapeAutoMaterial/Maps/Sea-Map.Sea-Map:PersistentLevel.Landscape_0.RootComponent0’ is not static , cannot attach ‘/Game/LandscapeAutoMaterial/Maps/Sea-Map.Sea-Map:PersistentLevel.Landscape_0.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent_1295’ which is static to it. Aborting.

Do you guys plan on fixing the bug in 4.11-4.13 where the material function 'WorldAlignedBlend" getting corrupt due to that node being renamed in later releases?? not a biggie but I can see it catching newbies off guard