Lag causes custom camera to become the default.

Summary

I’ve made a first-person camera system which works with scopes by removing all of the orbit cameras (there are 3, one for standing, one for moving, one for aiming unscoped weapons) when aiming with a scoped weapon.

The problem? While the system works perfectly for the most part, after a while, and usually after a lag spike too, one of the cameras becomes stuck on the player.

When this happens, aiming with a scoped weapon will no longer work correctly, and instead slaps the scope in front of the camera that’s stuck applied.

I have reason to believe this is a Fortnite creative bug, rather than a problem with my camera system, because ending the game and returning to hub still don’t remove the camera that has become stuck to the player, as though the default camera has been totally replaced.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Steps to Reproduce

1: create a first-person camera using an orbit camera device that gets added to player on start
2: using an input device, make it so that when aiming down sights, the camera gets removed, and when not, it gets re-added.
3: create a lag spike while not aiming down sights

Expected Result

Aiming down sights after the lag spike should cause the camera to go back to 3rd person because it removes the 1st-person camera

Observed Result

Aiming down sights after the lag spike no longer causes the camera to go to 3rd person, and instead the 1st person camera remains. Ending the round and returning to the hub do not remove it either.

Platform(s)

This bug has been encountered on: PC, Xbox One, and PS5

Island Code

5829-5450-4007

Additional Notes

A video of the bug happening can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PHup4FH93k
please note that the camera system used in the video is more complicated, but the steps above should be enough to replicate the bug.