July #UE4JAM, July 23-26th, Theme: ROCKET AND ROLL

Gogogo!! Create!!!

The hype is real! Get in there and jam!

Would be nice to have the rules on google docs or pdf, so we can open it without MS Office :slight_smile:

Second this.

Follow my Twitch to see every game jam entry played through to completion (if feasible) and if you make a multiplayer game, we usually get quite a few people in it.

Stream begins at the game jam deadline.

Good note for the future! Thanks :slight_smile:

Sounds awesome, and will give the necessary motivation for a mate and I to actually do something more than get confused at blueprints and run the assorted starter content with a falsified sense of accomplishment.

However

Reading the terms of battle it states that all submissions must be entirely original works or authorship. Does this mean that all assets etc must be self made/purchased, and that we cannot by definition use the unreal example assets/content in our submission ? I’m not referring to just grabbing ut and then re skinning the menu but using the buggy from the dirt racing game or some rock formations… Are we officially ok to use elements from the assorted assets available for free through the asset store, and is the original submission just the term for the product as a whole, similar to how “I’ll be missing you” is not the same song as “Every breath you take”, or “Gangstas Paradise” and “Pasttime paradise” are also different.

Just want to know if we’re allowed to use the free assets in our game or does it ALL have to be original.

Thanks,

Dave.

I’m also interested to know that, and also wanna to know if its okay to use opensource C++ libraries is our submissions.

:wink:
Also looking at previous jams you can see the use of stock assets.

Good Luck To All

“Contestants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source, nor may the Submission include third-party copyrighted material or artwork, without the copyright holder’s permission”

Am I reading that wrong or the “without etc” applies to all of it. I’d assumed that the without perms applied from the nor, altho I was always taught that a line between commas should be able to be removed and keep the statement correct. In which case I’m worried about nothing. Not a fan of legaleze.

But until a moderator says otherwise, I’m going to continue with the notion that the free content is fair game, while judgement will probably not favour it over original content considering its less effort to import stock.

Continue, that is, after I get home from work at 3:30 this arvo.

Good luck all.

Feel free to use free assets in your game. We’re not super strict on everything being from scratch :slight_smile:

touché good sir.

whats the best option to work collab with the team, keeping in mind github is notoriously slow. Is there a tried and true method that isnt going to take the gamejam to upload ?

Hey Marvinmann, I’m a programmer. You interested in teaming up? Hit me up @nklsrh or nklsrh.com

Stream from Warp Games starting.

AWwww yeah!

I think i’m gonna jump in on this one too, I’ve always wanted to take part but school kept getting in the way. If anybody is interested in collaborating hit me up.

a little teaser

Can we use assets bought from the Marketplace?

We’re in! With my matte modeler and game dev steamer.

We’re starting working on space moba game and will streaming full proccess in our channels:
Twitch - logic
Twitch - modeling