Joinsession: load map failure

Am working on a BP host/join system. All seems to work. One window hosts. It shows up in another instance that gets a server list.

However when I join, I just get a black screen. I went back and added some of the limited error checking, and see that I get a message “Load Map Failure”.

Curious as to if there is somewhere I can see a log to further determine what is going on AND what would cause a map to fail to load when doing a join session.

Hi arbopa,

If you’re testing with play-in-editor, there is a known issue where only the window that’s labeled “server” can host a game that others can join. I know this is an inconvenience, and we’d like to fix it in a future version.

You can also check the Output Log (Window → Developer Tools → Output Log) for any warnings or other info.

I just found this bug again in 4.8.1

LOG:

Or is this not the same bug?
This worked perfectly half hour ago but just started to fail, after some crashes.

same here in 4.81

Not sure if this is considered a bug or a feature with improvement to come.

Still seems to happen in 4.9.0 Preview 3.

I think the black screen is the default “transition” map. I don’t know why the Client can’t load the level either though. I read somewhere that PIE saves the level individually for the Server to load but not the Client. I’m on 4.10.