Jam-focused islands incorrectly marked as ineligible for Discover for "Minimal Gameplay"

Summary

Jam-focused islands incorrectly marked as ineligible for Discover for “Minimal Gameplay”

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Matchmaking

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Publish islands focused around using the built-in Jam Tracks system
  2. Make one be a Festival Jam Stage equivalent, the other a customly-scripted talent show

Expected Result

Jam-focused islands remain eligible for Discover, at the very least for the “Music & Rhythm” genre.

Observed Result

Jam-focused islands are marked as ineligible due to “Minimal Gameplay”

Platform(s)

All

Island Code

1842-3412-3232 (Jam Talent Show), 1106-5751-6368 (Festival Jam Stage esque)

Additional Notes

I could understand if the Festival Jam Stage one isn’t “enough” gameplay, but this feels unfair as AFAIK Fortnite’s first-party Festival Jam Stage is not subject to this same limitation.

In contrast, given Jam Battles has entirely custom casual and competitive automatic round logic - it feels unfair to be punished for said island not focused on combat or navigation mechanics. I would argue this one is certainly not “Minimal Gameplay”.

2 Likes

This is the warning I received on the project page for both of my islands:
image

Tangential, it would be nice if there was a notification (via email or something) when this changes. This caught me by surprise and if I didn’t manually check I’d have no idea.

Does this mean they don’t even show up on my creator profile??? That seems incredibly punishing for no valid reason. I just thought this was about the algo + organic discovery, which even then felt off. This feels like murder.


Jam Battles + Jam Time should be in the “Featured” section


Jam Battles + Jam Time should be in the “Published Islands” section

The status of FORT-1141013 changed to ‘Needs Triage’. We are routing this to the appropriate team for investigation.