Jagged edges of geometry in Lumen reflections

Hey everyone! Does somebody know why edges of reflections of other geometry so jagged / have stairs? I already applied “high precision tangent” in “Build” tab inside static mesh properties (and applied it) and density of mesh is enough for good reflections, all the more so in “lumen reflection view” edges are less jagged and in Path Tracing mode this problem dissapears.

Basic info: Unreal 5.3, Lumen GI, Lumen Reflections, Nanite off (but if to use Nanite with high settings i got the same reflections)

Example of problem:

Lumen Reflections View:

Path Tracing:

Mesh:

Build setting of the static geometry:

“r.Lumen.Reflections.ScreenTraces = 0” “r.lumenscene.recaptureEveryFrame = 1”

Try these two commands in console. See if that works. If it doesn’t then I guess what we’re seeing is a limitation of lumen reflection.

Unfortunatelly no, these commands haven’t helped.

Screentraces reflections blend between each other very smooth. I think the problem is reading of tangents /normals in Lit mode, bcse if to turn on Nanite and to play around with size of precision normals we see next connection - than more precision than size of edge’s stairs becomes less.
And Lumen reflection view shows edges smoother.
But something wrong with blending reflections and normals maybe, i don’t know :melting_face:

So yes, it looks like limitation, but maybe there is way how to shift this parameter like normals tangents. Max parameter of precision (normals) is 15 bit in nanite mode and it has the same picture. Maybe is there way how to increase the parameter untill 16bit for example?

Hmmm

I found this thread related to your query. Maybe this might help as I’m not really sure how else to move forward