iTunes Connect invalid binary

Hi Bpop. I’ve sent you an email. Please be on the lookout for it, and respond when you can. Thanks!

Thanks :slight_smile: Responding right now. Yes I do, but I was able to delete the extra certificate locally. So the only Certificate I have ready to build is the one for the current game. The reason why I have 2 is because I lost the key for the first :X.

Ok, I have done a diff between your executable and mine hoping to only see differences which are the identifier and certificate name. From that, I found that we are including the quotes from your distribution certificate in the executable. Does the name of your distribution certificate include quotes?

On the apple developer site it does not have quotes.

You’re the best Pete! As you can see from my before posts I have been knocking my head against the wall about this for months now. Love you all over at Epic :slight_smile:

Nevermind, I figured it out. Your certificate’s friendly name is different from it’s certificate name and so it is failing the certification name validation. I need to find the certificate name and include it as opposed to the friendly name. I should have a fix soon.

-Pete

I was able to reproduce the bug after changing the friendly name of my certificate. After putting in my fix, it uploaded fine even with the changed friendly name. I don’t know if we are doing another hot fix for 4.10, but I will find out. If not, we can get you an updated iPhonePackager.exe which is all that has changed.

-Pete

I would appreciate it if you can send me the updated files. No rush tho, I won’t be able to work on it until a day or two from now. Working on multiple projects fun :X haha.

I have attached an updated iPhonePackager which fixes the issues in this thread. To install,

1. Open an explorer and explore to the location of the UE4 engine install (typically C:\Program Files)
  2. Change to the Engine\Binaries\DotNET\IOS directory
  3. Back up the old iPhonePackager for safe keeping
  4. Copy the new iPhonePackager to this directory

You should be good to go after this. However, anytime you perform a verify on the install, it will most likely overwrite the updated file. I have also verified this update fixes all of the issues on 4.10.4.

-Pete
link text

Could you provide a log?

I tried this and it didn’t work, I still get Provision key not found.

No problem. Based on that log, it looks like your bundle name is incorrect. It is UpARiverDream, but should be something like, com.company.UpARiverDream. can you verify that in Project Settings, IOS section?

Sorry for late response, here you go resid=22090721B1B171B7!24511&authkey=!APHJ7576PfgF9n0&ithint=file%2clog

If I try “com.company.UpARiverDream”, it says identifier not matched in the provision. I checked my ID in the IOS member center, but I dont see anywhere to type my company name. If I try your method it still doesnt work :/. Big thanks for looking into this! At this point I really need your help cause I have no idea what im doing wrong.

UPDATE: Also tried in 4.11, got same issue.

Bump. Please have a look into this, I cannot submit my new build until this is not sorted :confused:

Your provision is going to have a full bundle identifier. For instance, when I work with TappyChicken, it is com.epicgames.TappyChicken which is what was specified when I made the mobile provision I used to sign it. Make sure you have set the value in your Project settings for iOS to the same thing as was specified in the mobile provision.

Go to the Project Settings in the editor. That will pop up a dialog. On the left side, you will need to scroll down until you see the IOS link. Select that, then scroll down a bit until you see the Bundle Identifier. Set that to the value specified in the mobile provision you want to use. There will also be a list of the various provisions and certificates on your computer. Make sure the one you want shows up as valid and has a check mark under the distribution column.

After trying that, send me the updated log from the Output Log window. Make sure it is the whole thing so I can see exactly what it does for each step of the build/package process.

-Pete

Ok, so I am writing all my steps here:

Replace Iphone Packager for the one you posted here

Assign 4.10 project for certificate

create certificate request

type email and common name as self email and as company

generate certificate and key pair

Go to apple developer

Create a Certificate for production (Appstore and Ad hoc)

upload csr file, generate and download

Create provisioning (distribution appstore option)

Select bundleid and certificate

Download

Close IphonePackager

Open UE4 4.10.4 as admin

Deleted previous provisions from Appdata/Local/AppleComputer folder

open project

Imported provision (Get No Valid Certificate Found atm)

Reimported certificate and key pair

Status of provision now says Identifier not matched as it is currently com.UpARiverDream.UpARiverDream

Change to what matches to itunes connect (UpARiverDream), says now valid in provision.

Try to package now

Get Provision not found again.

I package anyway so you can see the full log. Hope this helps you find the issue.

LOGS: resid=22090721B1B171B7!26768&authkey=!AGNnqzZVfJ0iGVk&ithint=folder%2cuasset

so your bundle identifier should probably be com…UpARiverDream. As your company name is is my assumption and the game name is UpARiverDream. Also, none of the things at that link are the log I am looking for. In the editor, under the Window menu item, there is a sub item called Developer Tools, in that sub menu, select the Output Log and that will open a window with the log of what is going on in the editor. Right clicking in that window will allow you to copy the entire log output and then you can paste it in a text file. That’s the log I will need to see if there is a failure during your package operation.

-Pete

resid=22090721B1B171B7!26774&authkey=!AOUrZp7oBPEbb4U&ithint=file%2ctxt

Here you go!