It is possible to update multiple viewports when I play the project?

In Unity when I play the project, the objects are updating on editor’s different viewports, it is easy to see the object moving around on multiple viewports.

Is it possible in UE4 editor? I tried but not success.

1 Like

Hello there!
Yeah, but you have to enable Realtime rendering in both windows

Yes I did, I can see multiple viewports updating in edit mode, but when I play, only 1 view update at the same time, I am using 4.7.6

i think you don’t usie networking/movement replication

Did you doublecheck if the setting doesnt get reset as soon as you hit play?

1 Like

I found the flag was reset when hit play, I set it to Realtime again while still in play mode, the viewport still not update.

film wants to be able to interact with the game viewport and simultaneously see the scene updating in a second viewport. In Unity, you have “Game” and “Scene” viewports. “Scene” updates in real time along with “Game.”

I record a video to make my question easier to understand. I want to try to remake that in UE4 with Blueprint.

https://youtu.be/96qtWN7e880

In Unity, I can add more Scene viewport and all Scene viewport can show in realtime when I play the project, not just editing.

Hi film,

Thank you for your request. I have entered a feature request, UE-15856 to be taken into consideration.

[= ;295296]
Hi film,

Thank you for your request. I have entered a feature request, UE-15856 to be taken into consideration.
[/]

Thank you :slight_smile:

[= ;295296]
Hi film,

[/]

Hi ! Is there any news about this?

This is a must have future. I don’t understand why its not in the engine already.
I use this alot in Unity and I was not able to get it to work in the Unreal Engine. It makes debugging gameplay sometime a pain in the ***.

1 Like

[=Storngrir;521990]
Hi ! Is there any news about this?
[/]

Hi Storngrir,

At this time our resources are dedicated elsewhere and this is as yet unresolved. Unfortunately, I do not have a timeframe of when it will be addressed.

Hello all, Is this question resolved? I am having the same problem where I need to update multiple viewports when I play the project.

Thank you very much

1 Like

hi, i have the same problem I hope this feature is added soon!

1 Like

Also for me this is a very important feature. Debugging or for eg. adjusting physics values would be much easier if I could see the vehicle from different angles at the same time.

1 Like

Not yet?!?
How do developers see things happen without this feature?

1 Like

I also want see this feature in the engine

1 Like

Have been this implemented already?

1 Like

I’m just bumping this thread. Do we have an update on this?