Issues with EQS and Pathing

I have an issue. AI appear to always be selecting the closest enemy, but once they’ve surrounded it to the point where you’d think there is no path available, they still select that enemy as their target. The result is this :

Sorry it’s all the same unit, but you should be able to get the picture. I have a second enemy off screen. As soon as the first “Line” of AI surround the actor in the middle, i’d like for the remaining to realize there is no path available and move onto the next guy.

I’m not sure if its an issue with the way I set up my EQS query, or my behavior tree (although im just running the query and moving to the returned actor).

My query looks like this :

Any ideas?

Without getting off into the weeds, lets say team 1 was standing shoulder to shoulder in a line. If there were 3 AI already attacking one from the front (taking up any paths in the front), i’d prefer the AI to move to the next AI with the shortest path vs walking around the entire line to get to the back of the closest actor. I was hoping thats what using the path length in EQS would accomplish for me but i’m clearly doing something wrong.

Is it my EQS? Behavior Tree? Are the AI not properly effecting the Nav Mesh? I’m not sure where to begin. Any help is appreciated.

How did you make it surround the target?