So, after finding this post:
I went about trying to get the install to go in - what I did:
- Started the launcher with admin privileges (not sure if this will make a difference)
- Went into the Ark tab and clicked big red button “install”. Now you need to wait a little until it goes past the “please wait” which for me takes ages, then once it starts downloading, click the “x” next to the download bar and it will ask if your sure to cancel install - go ahead and OK that.
- The big red button now should have “resume”
- Copy the arkdevkit directories to the install directory - on mine it was E:\Epic Games\ARKDevKit, directories are “Engine” “Model and animation sources” and so on.
- At this point I closed the launcher and deleted the directory “icC9S” and the "$resumeData file - not sure if this made a difference either, but have a feeling it forces the launcher to check the install directory rather than go straight to download.
- Restart the Launcher (again with admin privileges)
- On the ark tab click “resume” and with any luck it should do what mind did which is to “install” and “verify”
Now this is what worked with me, I thought I had done this before except I didn’t remove the files in point 5. above, I tried all sorts, but this was what eventually worked.
If anyone else tries this method, please report back to let everyone know if it indeed works!
P.s. Thanks go to WM above for leading me along the right path - and agree about the launcher