Issue with Grab Component in OpenXR

Hey guys,

I’m having a consistent issue using the OpenXR Grab Component in my Unreal Project. Here’s a basic breakdown of what I’ve done:

• Merged the OpenXR VR Template into my current project
  • Using that base template, I converted the blueprint class to “Character” rather than pawn, to add character movement and animations (I’m using a character that can’t be rigged to a standard human skeleton, so I’ve rigged the head to the camera as a static mesh, then attached the body to the head as a skeletal mesh with blueprint animations)
  • Activated the OpenXR plugins (including Oculus OpenXR, however if I deactivate Oculus VR as recommended by the Oculus OpenXR plugin, the game doesn’t launch on my headset)

Now, after I rebuild my project in Visual Studio, the grab component works fine. However, once I open up my VRCharacter Blueprint and compile it (even without any changes), it stops working immediately. The only thing that has made it start working again is rebuilding the project, or deactivating and reactivating all the OpenXR plugins (which has now stopped working as a solution).

I’ve traced through the logic and found that issue is being caused by the “Get Grab Component Near Motion Controller Grip Position” function - specifically, it is not returning any trace items with grab is activated near it (see below).

image?Get Grab Component Blueprint error

Its also important to note that I’m using an old model Oculus Rift (about 5 years old) - is this a know issue with the OpenXR plugin?

First time posting on these so if there is any more relevant information needed I apologize.

Thankyou