Issue: .uasset Files Pasted into Content Folder Not Showing in Unreal Engine Content Browser

Issue: .uasset Files Pasted into Content Folder Not Showing in Unreal Engine Content Browser

I manually copied some .uasset files into the Content folder of my Unreal Engine project. In File Explorer, the files show up correctly, but they do not appear in the Unreal Engine Content Browser.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

• I navigated to the folder in File Explorer and pasted the files directly into the Content > Effects folder.
  • The files are visible in File Explorer, but when I open Unreal Engine, the folder appears empty in the Content Browser.
  • I’ve tried refreshing the Content Browser by right-clicking and choosing Fix Up Redirectors, but nothing seems to change.

Screenshot for reference:

Has anyone encountered this issue before or knows what might be causing it? Any help would be appreciated!

Try deleting Binaries and Intermediate folders and then relaunching your project. But keep in mind that you can always migrate your assets between projects :wink:

Caution: Some folders regenerate upon relaunching the editor such as the ones I mentioned, but always make sure to have a physical backup of your project aside from the cloud just in case especially if you’re going to manually adjust the project files!

Hey there @angrypaladin! Welcome to the community! Since Unreal’s content registry system uses unique identifiers, it’s often not advised to move uassets from their locations in a file browser. It is recommended to use the Migrate feature so that the content registry can be handled directly by the engine. If Vis’ recommendation fails, I’d recommend leaving them in the project their in first, then migrating them out.