Issue rect light in Forward shading

Hey guys,
Got an issue using the rect light in my scene.
By default it is lighting just from one side, but as soon as I switch to forward shading my rect light doesn’t lit anymore my scene and if I crank up the value to 5000 cd, it start to lit but mostly like a point light (From both side).
I am doing a VR project and though it was a good idea to optimize most possible.
Do you think it is a known issue and I should go back to Deferred?
Thanks in advance guys
Cheers,
Matthieu

Deferred

Forward

Forward crank up

Did you ever solve this problem with rect lights ?

I am also using forward shading and my rect lights look like your broken example, no matter what settings I use for the rect light.

The other light types, like spot light and point light, sky light and directional light, all work perfectly.

But for some reason, the rectangular light is totally broken for me.

Rect Lights | Unreal Engine Documentation The forward renderer does not currently support Rect Lights. If you need to use forward rendering in your Project, use a Spot Light or Point Light instead.

1 Like

There seriously needs to be a output log on this when you add a rect light and forward shading is on i’ve been working on multiple projects where its off or on for different reasons and had no idea what i was doing wrong till i saw this thank you @L1z4rD89