Island Creator Program Enrollment Issue - Continued Assistance Needed

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Creator Portal

Summary

“Continue Enrollment” Button not working. Spent almost a month trying all different solutions recommended by EPIC Customer Service Representitives. This lead my application to expiring, leaving me with a 90 day wait till I can reapply.

Steps to Reproduce

Attempted to retake tax interview from the Island Creator Page. Button was not working. I believe this coincided by a Server Issue which lasted from April 3rd to May 1st.

Expected Result

I hope by explaining this issue this 90 day wait can be removed from my account, since I have been trying to complete my application for weeks. However, the website did not allow me.

Observed Result

The button works now, following the May 1st fix, however my application has expired, and I cannot enroll for the next 90 days.

Platform(s)

All platforms, on the Island Creator Program Website.

Additional Notes

Dear Epic Support Team,

I apologize if this post is longer than expected. I’m detailing the difficulties I’ve encountered over the past two months while attempting to enroll in the Island Creator Program. My goal is to identify any missteps on my end and receive guidance.

Initially, the process went smoothly. My Fortnite account met all eligibility requirements, and I’m of legal age. After spending prior weeks designing UEFN islands for publishing, I felt ready to enroll. Everything progressed well until reaching the Tax Interview section. Needing more time to research certain questions, I paused enrollment to gather proper information. As a non-US citizen, I also took this time to set up a bank account for potential payouts.

After a few weeks, confident with my documentation, I returned to continue enrollment. Unfortunately, the “Continue Enrollment” button on the Island Creator Program webpage no longer functioned. Previously, I’d used this button to revisit questions while preparing paperwork. This was the first instance of it malfunctioning.

From March to April, I contacted multiple representatives on the 9th, 10th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 23rd of April, and the 2nd of March. We explored various solutions: using different browsers, devices, incognito mode, email reverification, and even receiving direct links to specific webpages from representatives. None of these attempts resolved the issue.

The only potential concern raised was my UEFN playtime potentially falling below the required seven days within the last month. This decrease coincided with map completion and the start of my university exams. I actively played to regain the required playtime, but the issue remained.

During this period, the Developer Portal server status indicated “Downgraded Performance” from April 3rd. I assumed this might be the root cause and waited for resolution.

Furthermore, I reported the issue on both the Support Page and UEFN Forums. The Support Page sent out a notice which reads the following “We’re aware of an issue for Island creators to retake their Tax Interview on the Creator Portal website and we are working on a solution. We apologize for the inconvenience”. On the forums, an Epic Employee named “Flak” confirmed the issue was under investigation. A more detailed explanation into my previous issues can be seen by checking my previous posts.

While attempting to continue enrollment during this time, I encountered an alarming red exclamation mark with the message “[BEP] Backend dependency returned unexpected [HTTP 302],” followed by a string of characters, suggesting a backend error.

By May 1st, I noticed the server issues were resolved according to the Server Status page. Excitedly, I checked enrollment again. The webpage had changed, and the “Continue Enrollment” button finally worked, leading me to a “Enroll Now” page. However, my elation was short-lived when presented with a 90-day wait to re-enroll.

I was deeply disappointed because the expiration of my initial enrollment seemed to stem from issues beyond my control. I contacted Epic, requesting removal of this restriction, and provided detailed explanations with screenshots of all encountered errors. I received a response indicating the issue is under investigation and they would contact me upon conclusion or if further information is needed. Unfortunately, I haven’t heard back in a few days.

My growing anxiety stems from planned UEFN map development during my upcoming university break. The 90-day wait to re-enroll would encompass this entire break period.

I hope recounting these events provides an opportunity for enrollment or at least clarifies why it’s currently unavailable for me.

On a forum, someone inquired about potential account violations. I want to emphasize that throughout this process, I’ve maintained a strictly PG experience in Fortnite, playing solely with close friends. A potential ban is highly unlikely.

Now when I click the Enroll Now button, I am met with 2 Tool Eligibility Requirements, I meet both, this is denoted by green check marks. As for General Eligibility, I notice that I meet only 2/3 of these requirements. The 2 that I meet are denoted by green check marks are: 1) Your account is verified as an adult. 2) This program is available in your region.
The one I do not meet, which is denoted by a Red “X” read as follows: You must meet the eligibility requirements in order to sign up, detailed in the FAQ. If you believe this is a mistake, please contact customer support.

Any information on this one unmet requirement will be greatly appreciated.

I trust this post reaches the appropriate channels for a satisfactory resolution of my issue. Thank you for your time and consideration. I greatly appreciate any help, advice, or insight you can offer.

Respectfully,

Spectre-27