Is there a way to support 32 bit and 64 bit on Android playstore?

Is there a way to upload both armv7 and arm64 to google playstore? and if - how??

If I upload the arm64, significantly less devices are supported than armv7. It would be nice to have both.

Google made it a requirement to have 64-bit.

This release is not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement.
The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they only have 32-bit native code: 139.
Include 64-bit and 32-bit native code in your app. Use the Android App Bundle publishing format to automatically ensure that each device architecture receives only the native code that it needs. This avoids increasing the overall size of your app.

Ticking armv7 and arm64 creates two APKs in the build folder, but they can’t be both uploaded.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah I have the same issue.

I wonder too. I’ve been ignoring it. :frowning:

Please upvote the issue, we need to try to get to the bottom of this.
edit: I solved it - see underneath.

1. In Project Settings - Android select store version:. [your version number] - e.g. ‘13’
  2. Tick the Support armv7 [aka armeabi-v7a] and make sure arm64 is NOT ticked.
  3. Build for Android - That’s the 32bit APK
  4. Project Settings - Android select store version:. [your version number] - e.g. ‘14’ (one increment higher)
  5. Tick the Support arm64 [aka arm64-v8a] and make sure armv7 is NOT ticked.
  6. Build for Android - That’s the 64bit APK

In Google playstore under ‘Release Management’ / App releases - select a track - create release - ‘Android App Bundles and APKs to add’ - and upload the 32 bit APK first. Then in the same ‘Android App Bundles and APKs to add’ upload the 64bit APK.

I think I got the error above, because I uploaded it in the wrong order(like having the 64bit version with a lower version number and uploading it first).

Thank you!

Didn’t work for me. Some how google accepted the files but its not showing up on playstore. my friend has arm64 phone and he is able to download and install but on my arm7 phone it still says that “the app is not supported on this device” despite of adding an arm7 version too.

Are you sure? I tested it on a samsung S4 and S8+ . If you managed to publish the arm7 and arm64 together, then it should in theory be functional.

Following these steps worked for me. Thank you!!

It worked for me. Thank you very much !!

still get the same error, even after trying suggestion a few times.

Still doesn’t work…same error after doing all what you said

@fire dragon 2001 - Can you elaborate? Do you mean the error as shown in the top image?

yes…it’s like the first image…i have Different store numbers and upload arm v7a first…still not work
please help

It worked! Thank you.

I think as of 4.23 there’s a better solution for this:

Update: Edit > Project Settings > Platforms > Android > Store Version offset (arm64) as 1

Enable “Support arm64 aka [arm64-v8a]” in Build section same page and this creates arm64 apk version (and obb file) incremented by 1 automatically.

Package project “for Shipment” and “for Distribution” with your Android keystore in Release mode.

Upload first arm7 version and respective obb file (main.1…obb) to the Google Play release.
Then upload arm64 version and respective obb file (main.2…obb) to the same Google Play release as above.

And publish.

Indeed the increment offset input optimizes the build and the time to build. A lot more convenient way of doing the build.

1 Like

I use UE 5 and there is no option for 32 bit, However there is option for Store offset version arm7 set to 0 and Store offset version arm64 set to 0, in apk packaging project section,
And Build arm64 always true,
Whenever I build it,s always successful, but Apk not installed, as now I know it doesn’t support 32 bit Android OS, but as I have send these to my friends, having 64 bit Android OS, then why don’t it got installed on their 64 bit Android, having build arm64 always selected ??