Right now in order to get the standalone game to run on the Rift, I have to do the following:
- Right-click the desktop and select screen resolution
- Set the option under multiple displays to “Duplicate Displays” and make sure it is set to 1280 x 800
- Now, with a skewed desktop resolution, go into UE4 and hit Play > Standalone game
- Press ~ then type “stereo on” into the console
- Press Alt + Enter
- Put the Rift on
- When finished, redo steps 1 & 2, setting the multiple display setting back to “Extend these displays”
Is there an easier and/or better way to be doing this? Can UE4 automatically detect the Rift as the second screen and run in it’s native resolution on that only?
Thank you for any assistance on this matter. The Ocuclus Rift is an amazing device and I feel that UE4 has the power to unlock its full potential. I believe that making the process above as simple as possible would be a great help to Oculus Rift development using UE4.