Is there a way to have two projects open at once?

Hopefully a straightforward question, but can I open and edit two projects at once in Unreal? I am trying to replicate parts of one project in another one, as copying and/or migrating assets didn’t work. Opening the original to reference, closing it, then opening the second project, making the adjustment, saving, closing the project, opening the original, over and over will take forever. I’d like to have them both open so I can easily switch between the two and delete parts of the original as I go. Is there a way to do this?

You can open both projects at the same time. A simple way would be to go to the directory of each project and just double clikc the .uproject file. This should allow you to keep multiple instances of Unreal open at the same time.

3 Likes

Perfect! I didn’t think this would work (seemed too simple) but apparently it does! Thanks! : )

1 Like

I’m having an issue with this. For some reason I can only open one project at a time.

When I have a project open and double click to open a second project a second UE logo appears on my taskbar for a second then disappears and nothing happens.

Any idea what could be going wrong?

1 Like

I’m also new and just starting to dabble and having the same issue. running on Imac m1. is there a reason why it does that or the computer can’t handle it?

I have the same issue on a Mac M2 MAx, Ventura 13.4.
It only opens one project at a time.
Did anyone find a solution?

2 Likes