Is there a Valve Index "Knuckles" Controller 3D Model?

Hi all,

I hope this is the correct location to ask this question, there doesn’t seem to be a separate VR category anymore.

There’s a 3d model for both HTC Vive controller and the Oculus Rift Controller inside Unreal Engine, but I wasn’t able to locate a 3d model for the Valve Index “Knuckles” Controller within Unreal Engine.

Is there one that I’m not aware of? If there isn’t where do you get something like that?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

If you are using the OpenXR plugin there are Index controller models under OpenXR/Devices/ValveIndex/, although the origin is misaligned. If you are using the SteamVR plugin, it should be able to automatically fetch the render models from the API instead.

The VR category has moved to Platforms → XR Development.

Hi Rectus_SA;

I thought I was never going to receive an answer so I stopped checking after a week. Thank you very much for replying.

There is no “OpenXR” folder in the engine (or maybe I couldn’t find it) and I don’t know how to “fetch the render models from the API” either. I’m using UE4.17, I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. How can I get the model from SteamVR?

OpenXR doesn’t have proper support until 4.27. Newer versions of the engine have support in the motion controller component for getting the render model for the connected controller from the plugin, although I don’t think it’s in 4.17.
bild

4.17 seems to only have C++ functions for fetching the model from what I can find.
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/blob/4.17/Engine/Source/Runtime/HeadMountedDisplay/Public/IXRDeviceAssets.h

Valve also has models for the knuckles available in the SteamVR installation under: \Steam\SteamApps\common\SteamVR\drivers\indexcontroller\resources\rendermodels\

Thank you Rectus_SA, this was very helpful!!! :smiley: