Is there a Fab plugin for UE5?

I updated Epic Games Launcher from settings and the plugin I bought from Fab shows up under Fab Library!

2 Likes

Without the plug-in I canā€™t add things to my project. When I go to the vault and click the sync Fab button it nicely puts the asset in my vault. So far so good.

But when I click add to project it lets me choose the project but then when I select it nothing happens.

The asset isnā€™t added to the chosen project.

I imagine the fab plugin for UE will make going to the vault not needed but for now how do I add the asset I just purchased (ie have paid money for) into my UE project?

Iā€™m on a Mac if that helps at all.

Many thanks.

Rob

1 Like

OMG this!!! it worked! Just update epic store :sunny:

If you are looking for an in editor integration, you have to install the plugin from your UE vault (now called Fab Library) under your My Library in the Epic Games Launcher. Just search for FAB in the search bar and then install it the engine version you need it on. It will then show up where the old Quixel Bridge used to be.

5 Likes

Update the epic store in setting and the plugins will show :slight_smile:

I donā€™t get this plugin option at all, despite refreshing, and restarting the Epic store. Does anyone else?

1 Like

Installed the latest version of Epic Games Laucher and I do have the fab Plugin now available and have installed it to 5.4.

@Flak
Testing the new Megascans I have found that Master materials are no longer present in the MSPresets folder that was located in the Project Content but instead are now in the Fab Engine Plugin folder. Why on earth is that? This way we cant adjust those presets on a per project basis and share thease chages with the team! We can duplicate thease Master materials to the Project folder but that way all newly dowloaded megascans assets will have to be edited to use the Project Master materials instead. This is a big step back from the automated workflow that worked with Quixel Bridgeā€¦

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Hey guys, thank you for your feedback. The plugin for UE5 is live, please see this announcement post for more details.

Canā€™t find web version. Iā€™m on Linux - no Epic Launcher supported.