Is the VR template messing up my grass?

Hi, I’m having some real issues with using grass within the VR template. The grass wont build until I’m almost on top of the next terrain cell… others testing this outside of the VR template don’t get this issue… where can I find the settings to change the spawning that will allow more than the cell I occupy to stream in!?

As you can see I’ve tested this on a number of levels…
1st 8k terrain with heightmap and detailed landscape material. Didn’t work…
2nd World Composition 8k with heightmap… didn’t work…
Finally, as you can see with a very basic material and blank 8k terrain… same issue… could someone please confirm if this is an issue using the VR template and if so how do I find a solution? My system - i7-8700k, 32GB RAM & 1080ti

Update… the VR template… OR VR?! doesn’t like the grass being built through the landscape material… BUT if I paint it on using a terrain mask to paint certain grass types onto the terrain where I’d like them to be… then it works… so that’s a ■■■■…at least the terrain cell border has gone but that’s a lot of painting to get the result I should be getting from my material…

Can anyone explain why this is happening? why painting kind of works… but grass from my material doesn’t in VR? I have a huge map to paint now with many different types of ground grass types to put into my level… this is NOT a solution… this actually will not work, thinking about it… so it’s not possible to have grass in VR then? or is this an issue with my current version of UE4? anyone?

Should I be using HLODs for my grass in VR? anyone?

The VR world will be mostly focused inside the Roman fort but users will be able to navigate to the battlements and see the surrounding landscape… I’d like them to be able to see the fort from outside with a high as possible level of realism… this is the project so far without the internal structures… Cardiff Roman Fort - Virtual Histories - YouTube