Is rendering sorting possible?

Is sorting rendering possible with UE4?

For example. I want to sort based on blueprint. This is done so that one component will always render on top of other component ( similar to outline ) , but i’m using this for another purpose.

I am in great need for this feature, would appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this.

I see no one answer you, I’m trying also to find information about it unsuccessfully. Voted up.

Yeah It’s a simple clarification I’m hoping someone with knowledge could shed light on. It should be just a 3 option kind of thing

a) You can: This is how you do it
b) You cannot: the renderer will freak out and die a horrible death.
c) You can BUT: you have to set this bla bla and will break bla bla.

At least I’ll know how to proceed.

Hi @Frozenfire, finally I have found a solution that may work for you. The magic property is: “Translucency Sort Priority” located at “Rendering” in actor details. At least it work perfect with my 2D project with translucent textures.
You will not have direct manipulation of sorting but you can tell the engine what you want to render under or over everything.
Be careful if you are working with 3D meshes with opaque or masked material it may not work, this property works only for translucent as I understand. Even if your “overlaying mesh” doesn’t use transparency you could make its material translucent while the alpha channel is opaque then play with the “Translucency Sort Priority”.

Check answer where I found the solution: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/143785/2d-25d-with-mix-of-3d-rendering-transparency-issue.html

I am trying to work with an opaque material. I’m intending to do something funky with it.

Well at least I can try working out something from there. Thanks a bunch

If you set your material to translucent and set the alpha channel to max value for every pixel, the engine should try your mesh as translucent while in the render it should look exactly the same as with the opaque mat. (Just my Idea, non tested )