Is My Ray-Tracing On - GTX 1650??

Hey folks,

SITUATION: I have opened the latest ArchVisInterior project from the Learn tab in the Epic Launcher which was used in a webinar on Ray Tracing this week. I wanted to test out the Ray tracing functionality of the computer that I’m on, which has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5. I opened it up, all the Ray tracing features are on and matching the video, but my scene is missing all of the soft shadows, GI,reflections, etc. I tried turning all the RT features on and off using CVARS, and no change in the scene.

QUESTION: does DX12 Ray Tracing run AT ALL on this GPU? I don’t care about frame rate, I just want to capture render RT lighting. I saw with some googling that some GTX cards support RT but I can’t tell what that means exactly. I haven’t actually had access to an RTX card, so I’m not sure how this works. It seems strange to me that it would allow me to turn on Ray Tracing features/boxes in the settings without the ability to run it right?

• Thomas

What are the ray tracing settings in the PPV (post process volume)?

you’ll need at least a GTX-1660 with 6GB of VRAM. If you have one of the listed GPUs, you simply need to update to their latest available drivers. That’s all you need from the GPU side.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce…available-now/

For use of RT features in UE4, you’ll need at least to be on Windows 10 (build 1809 or later) to enable the DX12 RHI in the editor.