Is it possible to replicate a WebBrowser Widget?

Hi everyone,

I am currently developing a network program in which I have a WebBrowserWidget.

This Widget points to a custom web server that displays a VNC server (I’ll pass you the details). The important detail here is that there is therefore no URL change at any time during application execution.

I would like to replicate the Widget so that all users can see the same thing at the same time.

I am a bit used to the network on EU, I know that a widget must remain local and it is the data it processes that must be replicated.

But in the case of the WebBrowser I don’t really see what I can replicate! Especially that the only 2 events he owns are OnUrlChanged and OnBeforePopup … Which doesn’t really help me.

The only idea I have in mind at the moment is to replicate the Inputs but I’m not even sure that this is possible / easily achievable.

Small but perhaps important detail I interact with my WebBrowserWidget using a Component Interaction Widget.

The application is mainly in Blueprint but I also know how to do C++ if it can solve my problem!

Here’s my problem, if anyone had a solution… That would be great!

Thanks in advance :smiley:

My first instinct is to have a custom component that handles the actual replication of the web browser with a replicated string which represents the HTML on the page and calls the browser’s “set string” function when updated. This way the game server is the only computer that actually pings the web server, which has a few advantages: namely you don’t accidentally DDOS the web server when connecting with a lot of players, and elements that are different each reload (namely ads) are consistent. I’m not sure how you would handle JavaScript though, but it’s probably a good idea to only run it on the server for consistency’s sake, but I’m not exactly sure how that would work. Also, media could be a problem, because you probably don’t want to stream a YouTube video through the server to all the clients. Not sure how you would fix that either.

i am also looking for solution of sames isssue.

there is execute javascript node where we can give web browser as target we can replicate this to each player but the problem is i dont know how to use that node i tryed to add html script to play a youtube video but that is not working