Is it possible to disable the greyed out state of disabled widget

Hello,

in blueprints I use the “Set Is Enabled Node” on widgets to prevent them from being focused. So far everything work as intented but Unreal automatically apply a greyed out state to disabled widgets . Can I prevent this and keep their 100% opacity look

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, there is a Disabled style. You can set that to whatever you want, to match the Enabled style.

Thanks for your answer, this work well with standard UMG buttons. I forgot to mention that I use “Common UI plugin” that use CommonButtonStyle for states styles . My buttons reference that style sheet and I do have a style with a tint of (1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0) for my Disabled state . But I still got a greyed out effect.

So maybe it’s an issue more related to CommonUI itself

1 Like

After further investigation I realized that what I want is to prevent Button child to have an opacity effect when the button is disabled. Same concern as this post :

Any idea on how to achieve that thanks a lto for your help

1 Like

I’m sitting here with the same struggle. Did you ever solve this?

2 Likes

Bump because I also have this issue. I’ve configured the “Disabled” section under button’s appearance to exactly match the “Normal” section, with Opacity set to 1.0 everywhere, but it still appears greyed out.

1 Like

Same issue here. Did anyone find a solution for this?

2 Likes

Hello,
Any news ?

1 Like

I guess it’s not possible unless you change it from c++ “I didn’t check that”, but I believe if the purpose is only to make the user cannot use it like hover, click, etc… try to change the visibility of the button to “not hit testable (Self and all Children)”. That the first thing came to my mind.