Is Gpu Lightmass working on Linux?

Hi, since months I started using Linux Pop OS which is great and also UE 5.1 works very well as seen doing some test, unfortunately I discovered that even if the GPU Lightmass plugin is available and correctly activated, I can’t find in the Build menu or any elsewhere in the viewport.

Is something missing in UE Linux version or am I missing something else to know?

No one else uses UE on Linux and facing the same issue?

Is it working ? I want switch to Linux

Ray tracing in general, including via GPU Lightmass, is not yet supported in Linux / Vulkan. There is work happening with the eventual goal of supporting ray tracing in Vulkan, however it is too early to say when it might be available.

1 Like

Does AMD GPU’s support GPU lightmass in windows OS ?

Like RX 6750XT. Documentation shows support only for Nvidia graphics cards.

1 Like

All ray tracing features in the engine are intended to work on AMD GPUs, but there is less testing done across all different AMD cards and driver versions. Can you please try it and report if you have any issues?

sure

I had ARC A770. And I am going to test Ray Tracing and GPU Lightmass features on it.

Recently, I started exploring Unreal Engine 5.1 on my Linux system and found that it runs smoothly and performs well during testing. However, I have encountered an issue with the GPU Lightmass plugin. Although I have successfully activated the plugin, I am unable to locate it in the Build menu or anywhere else within the viewport. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Have you tried with Binary versions of Linux? I feel so bad when coming to Linux Dev Builds.They are not focussing on Linux Distros.

Any update on the development of this?

No news to report at this time.

1 Like

I abandoned to use UE in Linux, I should try again with the newer 5.3, anyone of you have already done it?

It doesn’t work properly on windows in 5.2 and 5.3, so unless there is a platform related bug, you would probably not have luck on linux either.