iPad Pro 10.5 inch AR camera not launching

I have an AR application that I’ve built for a client. I’m building for iOS 12 and up. I’m using UE 4.26. The AR session launches on the newer iPad Pro and Also the newer iPhone. The client is using iPad Pro 10.5 inch. These are around 1 1/2 years old. The are running iOS 14 on these devices.

The application compiles and installs and they are apple to launch the application however the AR session will not launch the camera. I am at a loss for what to do. I’m wondering if this is a bug with the latest version of UE and I need to try and downgrade to 4.24 or something.

I was getting a crash until I rolled back to Metal 2 rather than using Metal 2.1.

Currently the app launches and I just get a Black sean because the AR session doesn’t seem to launch.

So, I was not able to find what the bug is that’s causing this issue with 4.26, however I was able to confirm that it has to be a bug with 4.26. I was able to run the AR Template using 4.25 using the ipad pro 10.5 inch and the camera and AR session for as expected. The same Template using 4.26 fails to launch the AR session and results in a black screen with the Widget for the Debug buttons showing just fine. It’s just not launching the session with the Camera.

Is there somewhere within the community that I can get more help with this? Where is the best place to report this as a bug or is there a list of supported iOS devices for each version of UE4?

From what I’ve been able to gather, it seems UE4 4.26 uses ARKit 4 which appears to have a requirement of at least an A12 chip. We also have a 10.5" iPad Pro and they shipped with an A10 chip.

It would be cool if we could have an option for which version of ARKit to use.