iOS No Valid Certificate Found for mobile provision

I am trying to start a new iOS project to test the ARKit functionality. This is my first iOS project- I just went out and grabbed a new iPad this afternoon for it, and registered as an Apple developer. I am using OS X.

I am able to import my developer certificate. But, when I try to import my device provision, I just get the error of No Valid Certificate Found. I’ve tried what I could scrape from the UE4 Answerhub, and I’ve tried recreating the app and provisioning certificates. I’ve followed the UE4 iOS quickstart carefully. Nothing seems to work, so I am just enjoying my new ~$500 paperweight.

I think these are the relevant logs:

CERTIFICATE-Name:iPhone Developer: [me] (JF2A7834CX),
Validity:VALID,
StartDate:2017-08-20T16:29:46.0000000Z,
EndDate:2018-08-20T16:29:46.0000000Z

Looking for a certificate that matches the application identifier ‘FVY3DB9XBH.*’
PROVISION-File:ARKitTutorial.mobileprovision,
Name:ARKitTutorial,
Validity:NO_CERT,
StartDate:8/20/2017 5:45:16 PM,
EndDate:8/20/2018 5:45:16 PM,
Type:DEVELOPMENT

MATCHED-Provision:,File:,Cert:

It seems that after some time it is now working. I guess I just needed to leave it alone for a while? (My guess is something with clocks / time zones)

You also have to make sure your “bundle identifier” matches what you used in your provision. I would start with putting in a specific identifier (no wildcards), then use exactly the same identifier in the Platforms → iOS settings. When you make a change there, then it will update your provision list again to check if there is a match.

After a lot of testing this seems to be the issue indeed.
It might vary depending on your timezone. I’ve only tested this for UTC+1, but it seems like I have to wait for 1 hour for the certificate to get accepted.

I have come to the same conclusion. As a work around I manually change the system time on my machine to make it work without waiting.

I confirm the system time version. I think this is Apple’s issue. If you get “no valid certificate found” error for mobile provision, try manually change your system clock a couple of hours forward. This solved the issue for me after spending 6 hours in certificate generating madness.

Moving the time forward resolved this issue for me too…
Funny… Very Bug 2K :slight_smile:

Same problem, after try many times I just set my computer time to 0gtm and it valid (from here wait 8 hours was not an option)

I had to back up my clock couple of hours, create bundle id not with wildcard as in the ue4 docs tutorial but with specific identifier, Remove the number from the bundle indentifier so it starts with ‘com’. Funny bug. Now it works - time to go the the next step. I’m already trembling…

Confirmed setting clock forward a few hours still needed (and works) in July 18!! So much wasted time before I found this!!

Same here, absolute waste of 3hours reprovisioning certs / profiles etc

One other thing to consider: if you’ve just created your signing certificates and downloaded them to your keychain, be sure you access them at least once through Xcode since the keychain is likely to be locked and therefore not accessible by UE4. (Applies to MacOS 11 (Big Sur), UE4.26)

Easy way to do this:

• Create your certificates on developer.apple.com, download them, and install them to your keychain.
  • Open up Xcode and create a new SwiftUI app. By default, this will be a simple “Hello World” application.
  • Run it on an iPhone connected to the Mac.
  • OS will ask you to enter your keychain login password, after which the app should launch on the device.
  • Unreal should now be able to access the certificate as well.

In my case, where I had valid certificates and provisioning profiles that still threw a “No Valid Certificate Found” error in UE4.26, simply building and running another test app in Xcode as described above fixed it.

Useful comment. Thank you. It helped me.

Thank you so much for your comment.That did help me!

OMG this helped me as well, thank you!