iOS AR app shows black background rather than a camera overlay in production

until April 25, 2023, uploading was possible.

Project Sources

Demo Video

1 Like

Thank you so much for your project, my donā€™t work. Tomorrow I will try with Xcode 14.

hiļ¼Œhow did you make it work? I only modified the certificate after downloading your project, but it didnā€™t work

I donā€™t understand why it doesnā€™t work for anyone, I can attach a video of installing and running this application from Testflight.

i tested on
iphone 12 pro max
iphone 13 pro
and iphone 14 pro max

try using GoogleARCore it seems to work on ios but iā€™m not sure.

3v7nth

1 Like

If you can create a video is a good idea. Do it!!!

1 Like

In this plugin there is the camera, I will try thisā€¦

Hi, do you think it will work? Let us know the outcome. Thank you.

I believe your demo video was distributed, I see the yellow dot in the bottom left corner of the app.
The Settings I changed in addition to the certificate also have the ā€œForce 32bit Floating Point Precisionā€ option, which defaults to false, which I turned on, because if I didnā€™t my package would disappear on testFlight
Maybe there are some details we havenā€™t noticed, like plugins?

By the way, what Iā€™m doing here in the test certificate app is if I donā€™t lock the frame rate it will also cause a black screen

I donā€™t understand, did you solve the problem?

Did you fix the problem?

no,I found other problemā€¦

1 Like

try to additionally enable GoogleARCore, GoogleARCoreServices, these plugins are present in my project because the project is for IOS / ANDROID

maybe it affects something.

2 Likes

If you happen to have a 4.27 version of your project (like we did), you can package to iOS Shipping and successfully upload to TestFlight using ā€œ4.27 Plusā€ from the Epic GitHub. Follow this video EXACTLY for proper setup How to source build unreal engine 4.27.2 in 2023 full step by step | Tutorials |UE4.27.2 |SourceUE4 - YouTube

For VS 2019, I checkboxed some additional Windows 10 SDKā€™s that he didnā€™t in the video, and then for VS 2022, I had to install .NET Framework 4.8 SDK and the targeting pack (you can do this under Individual Components tab) in addition to 4.6.2. These two things are what got rid of some packaging errors I had.

Then you need to uncheck ā€œSupport Bitcode In Shippingā€ in the project settings. Then on your Mac, run this command in xcode to create a stripped version of the ipa file

USERNAME@USERNAME ~ % xcrun bitcode_strip /PATH_TO_IPA_FILE/YOURAPP.ipa -r -o /PATH_TO_IPA_FILE/YOURAPPStrip.ipa

replacing USERNAME with your username, PATH_TO_IPA_FILE with the path, and YOURAPP with the name of your ipa file.

Hope this helps someone!

1 Like

Looks like this will finally be fixed in 5.3.
Epic has checked in a fix to Github.
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/f996307f1a02a4d695ff82a8cfa34dc096991ed2?diff=split

Iā€™ve tested it and can confirm that it works. Youā€™ll need to build your own copy of the Apple ARkit Plugin. But other than that, the fix is pretty simple.

-e

1 Like

Confirming this will go into 5.3

4 Likes

Would any of you be willing to share the complete ā€œAppleARKitā€ folder compiled for both Mac and PC? Specifically, I require the version for Mac. I greatly appreciate your assistance!

These should work.
Unreal 5.1 = Dropbox - AppleARKit_UE5.1.zip - Simplify your life
Unreal 5.2 = Dropbox - AppleARKit_UE5.2.zip - Simplify your life

as you might expect, no warranties or guarantees or anything.
just put them in your project Pluginā€™s folder. Or you could put it in the engineā€™s Plugins folder.
i only compiled for Mac. but at the end-of-the-day thatā€™s all you really need.
-e

1 Like

Can you please explain the entire process of how to apply this fix for Windows, for UE 5.1 or 5.2? Is it actually possible to manually fix this bug? Thanks!!