iOS AR app shows black background rather than a camera overlay in production

I replicated this in gameplay. I have macOS Ventura. When I installed the plugin I simply added it to the project. I didn’t create anything inside the map stage. Okay?

QRCodeActor must be on the active map and must be initialized, I just put it in GameMode so as not to add it to the LevelBlueprint on all levels, I don’t know about Ventura, I unfortunately can’t update MacOS since I have a 2015 iMac, it does not support Ventura and UE5 on a Monterey system does not support Xcode 14

so I’m using macOS Monterey 12.6.4
XCode 13.4.1

1 Like

in ‘Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Platform/IOS/IOSExports.cs’

comment out

Text.AppendLine(“\tget-task-allow”);
Text.AppendLine(string.Format(“\t<{0}/>”, bForDistribution ? “false” : “true”));

has anyone try this in UE 5.1?

-e

I tried it, it didn’t help me through custom UE5.1

What happened?
I was able to try it and I was able to build the iOS app. I was able to upload it with Transporter. But the app won’t show up in App Store Connect. My guess is that Apple is going some further checks on the app and it’s not passing because of something about this workaround. I tried it twice with the same result.

I’ll try backing out this change and re-submitting to confirm that it is the workaround that is blocking it.

-e

I have good news, if you switch to DefferedShading then everything works without any plugins.

and without any other settings, and without a custom engine, just as before, you make a shipping build through binary UE 5.1 ​​from the launcher and everything works

3 Likes

:frowning: Unfortunally don’t work in my project… I tried now. I will send here all settings of my project in 5.1, in a pdf file…

I don’t understand why it doesn’t work for anyone, but it works for me, maybe it’s because of the version of XCode and Mac…

1 Like

The Deferred Shading did not work for me. :frowning_face:
-e

did you compile with ventura with xcode 14 ?, try compiling under ios15 metal 2.4 maybe that will help

1 Like

Ventura, Xcode 14.3. Now I’m trying on under ios15… Where is metal 2.4 option?

yes

i would like to try the qr code plugin route again, it would be great if i could have a working project with this plugin. I couldn’t get it to work, on github there is a procedure never done. Could you send me a working project?

Hi, I have the same problem, I followed the thread and suggestions related to the qr plugin and replacing forward shading with deferred shading. i also followed the last change to ios metal 2.4 xcode 15. unfortunately nothing.It doesn’t work !Always black screen. I too use Ventura and xcode 15 now. It’s unbelievable that a project gets stuck on this bug and that this bug that I think is important hasn’t been fixed yet. Unfortunately I need to make it work like everyone else. A few more suggestions. Thank you

1 Like

You can send me the Certificate and Provision for Distribution, BundleID, and the latest build number in Testflight, and a certain project configured for AR, in UE5.1 from the Launcher with DefferedShading enabled, I can compile it for you and send the .ipa file, however you need One thing to keep in mind, after April 25th Testflight will be able to upload applications with IOS version 16 or higher. And to compile under IOS 16 in UE5.1, you must use XCode version 14 or higher. And for Xcode 14, you need to install Ventura, and by the way, this problem is not from EpicGames, but from Apple, on the Apple forums people have been waiting for a fix for this problem for a year, apparently that’s why Epic Games constantly transfers the fix of this problem from version to version, because it’s too low-level problem in Metal itself. So I don’t think we should expect this issue to be fixed anytime soon, even if Apple fixes this issue they will probably fix it in the next release of Metal and then have to wait for Epic Games to update Metal in the next release of Unreal Engine. But I may be wrong.

My configuration

IMac 2015 i5
macOS Monterey 12.6.4
XCode 13.4.1
Metal 2.4
iOS 15
Unreal Engine 5.1.1

I tested several completely different projects, and everything works, I’m sure that if you set up your system similarly to mine, everything will work for you too, though, as I already wrote above, I’m not sure that this makes sense, only if your project is already ready and you just need to upload it with no further updates soon as this will only work until April 25th.

2 Likes

Thanks, Thanks, but I can’t finish it by tomorrow :frowning:
Do you have the link of apple reporting bugs?

Problem with black background when taking a photo with AR Quick Look feature in iOS 15

1 Like
1 Like

today I installed XCode14 and made a build for IOS 16 MetaV3 and everything works) I don’t understand how it works, but apparently the thing is that I have Mac os Monterey. though I noticed that Xcode on Monterey was installed for about 12 hours

and I also noticed that the compilation of plugins on Xcode 14 was not performed the first time, I had to delete the Binaries folder each time so that it would compile everything without errors, but it still compiled all the plugins in the end.

and the packaging of the project under IOS 16 lasted 8 hours, apparently because Xcode 14 requires Ventura, but nevertheless it can be installed on Monterey

I’m on Mac OS Monterey with Xcode 14.2 and the Deferred Shader trick did not work for me.
I thought Apple had stopped allowing uploads built in Xcode < 14. How are you able to upload an app from Xcode13.4 to TestFlight?