Inverted normals when in live session and private

Please see attached image, I’ve been experiencing this same issue since the launch of UEFN. Anything which I import into UEFN - when launching a live session is then messed up when play testing in Fortnite. Strangely, everything looks fine when in the editor. I’ve been stuck on this for weeks and would really appreciate any help with this. I’ve tried multiple different ways of bringing assets into UEFN.

The assets in the atached image are Kitbash assets, downloaded as a blender file and then exported as fbx to import into UEFN.

Please can anyone advise?

Can you verify that in blender the normals are not flipped?

You can check the normal direction if you go to the Viewport Overlays menu and select Face Orientation and you are in Solid Shading mode. (any red polys are flipped normals and should be fixed)

Or, if you have Backface Culling on the meshes would appear blue still but look kind of inside out. like this:

I would check these things first.

Also, please post all of your FBX export settings from Blender. There’s a lot in there that can mess up the FBX files.

Hey! Thank you so much for getting back to me. I wasn’t sure if anyone would… Since posting this I’ve also tested the same fbx with another system and they didn’t have this same issue. Which makes it extra mysterious…

I’ve done as you’ve instructed - images attached here. The red areas are on the glass and also the bottom - but the rest looks fine…

Thank you so much! Would love to get my high-quality assets working for Fortnite!

Lewis
![1|690x410](uploa

d://1fyr3MCkuFQUIZ2hplsoeoGPdnz.png)

It’s really hard for me to check from looking at those screengrabs. When you say that it is red on the bottom do you mean the mesh is not fully enclosed so we are just seeing the back of the polygons from the bottom?

If you think there are normal problems on part of the mesh you can go into edit mode by selecting the mesh and hitting tab > then hit the A key to select ALL and go to the MESH>NORMALS>RECALCULATE OUTSIDE and this will try to fix areas that might have the normals flipped. If you are not too familiar with Blender I suggest only working on copies of your models in case it gets messed up.