I am happy to present InventorySystem, an advanced inventory and crafting system!
Available on the marketplace for a mere $19.99: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…ventory-system!
**Unreal Engine 4.19 Is Now Supported!
UPDATE: There is now chest functionality!**
What is it?
A complex Drag 'n Drop inventory system with features like crafting, a hotbar, stacking, item dropping, a datatable and more!
Which features does it have?
• Drag 'n Drop.
• Item Using
• Enum and Datatable to easily add and use items / crafting recipes.
• Hotbar with Scrollwheel and keys 1-9 for slot selection.
• Stacking (with customizable size).
• Item Dropping (individual item or all in slot).
• Inventory/Unlocked Recipes Saving (to a .sav file)
• Simple Design.
• Comes with 7 inventory item images (example: Dropbox - Apple.png - Simplify your life), and more to come!
• Customizable inventory size.
• Sample Project.
What does it look like?
But more skins/looks are coming! (and you can customize it’s looks yourself too!)
How hard is it to add new items?
Really easy! Just add an entry to the items enum and to the data table, and your new item is added!
So that you can easily use items later on in your game with a drop down menu instead of having to remember or lookup item ID’s.
Is the crafting Drag 'n Drop too?
No, an old version had this, but testing revealed that just scrolling through a list and clicking on items was way easier than having to remember lots and lots of recopies, so this is the system I went with!
What does the crafting look like?
Can you use items?
Yes! You can drop items, and if the item allows this, you can specify a blueprint with a script to run when you press the use item key with this item selected in your hotbar.
Do you have any feature requests or questions? Don’t be afraid to ask!