InventorySystem - A complex Drag 'n Drop Inventory System With Crafting

Hey there!

It’s been a few months since I last checked in. Been busy. But I finally got back into the swing of things. I updated my project to 4.17, but the inventory system still isn’t working. I made a new project and pulled in your system to test it, and it worked fine. So there’s definitely something in my own project that’s causing a problem, but I don’t know what. Have you made any progress of your own? I’m just looking for advice at this point, really.

Hi Cinebeast,

I’m afraid that I (still) haven’t found the full cause of this. Sorry for not seeing your post before - it appears that my notifications got turned off. Anyway, one “possible” cause could be the fact that it’s a child of another widget. Currently conflicting widgets (which are generally out of my control I’m afraid) are the only real causes that I have found (this includes parenting & overlapping). I will get back to you if I have any further updates/posible causes, and my apologies again for there not being a fix available right now :(.

We’re bringing a few new features/changes to InventorySystem!

First of all, we’re adding chests! You can now easily store your (excess) items in a chest, using drag 'n drop too! Just create a chest blueprint, set the number or rows/columns (size), change out the mesh…and you’re ready to go! Chests automatically save to your hard drive, and require no additional work. Chest functionality ships with the latest version of InventorySystem, which has currently been released for Unreal Engine 4.19. You can find the full documentation on how to use chests here: InventorySystem docs - Google Docs. Please let us know if you have any suggestions for this chest feature, and/or if you’re experiencing any issues.

Secondly, we’ve expanded the documentation. We’ve added further troubleshooting steps, and have added more documentation on how to use the crafting system. Still find anything unclear, or want us to elaborate on something in the documentation? Then please leave a reply to this thread so we can look into it!

Thirdly, we’re working on implementing the following few features in the next few weeks/months:

• Adding initial chest loot.
  • Simplifying the way to change the look of InventorySystem.
  • Improving the stock/default look of InventorySystem.
  • Multiple crafting displays/category-based crafting.

With all of these new features, unfortunately came a small jump in price. InventorySystem’s price has now gone up to $19.99 due to all of the additional features it’s gotten/will get in the next few weeks. We hope you understand this change, but feel free to leave your thoughts on the price increase. We’ll be posting a video of crafting/chest usage shortly.

As always, please let me know (preferably by email) if you have any feature suggestions and/or issues using InventorySystem, and I’d like to thank everyone for their interest/usage of InventorySystem!

Great news! I love your inventory system and use it all the time, so this will be a welcome update!