Intellisense marks all red

Hello guys,

It’s been a while since I’ve used intelliSense error squiggles in VS, but as I turned them on today, it started marking everything red. It can’t find headers, can’t find methods and classes. Should I just turn this stuff off?

And yes, I know there is VisualAssist, but it does not have static error analysis like intellisense.

Close project and studio,

Cut .sdf and .sln files from project folder to another folder (For backup).

And RMB on *.uproject → Generate Visual Studio Project Files.

After Proccess run your project.

Worked, thank you! :slight_smile:

This unfortunately didn’t work, once it loaded fully, the red squiggles/underlines came back. I am using Visual Studio 2017, Unreal 4.16.3, and VAX build 2223.

This seems to be related to modifying anything above the UCLASS(), it seems to confuse Intellisense. I cleaned my solution, rebuilt, and then used Project → Rescan Solution. I wish this wasn’t required, but at least I can get past the issue.

This unfortunately didn’t work, once it loaded fully, the red squiggles/underlines came back. I am using Visual Studio 2017, Unreal 4.16.3, and VAX build 2223.

This seems to be related to modifying anything above the UCLASS(), it seems to confuse Intellisense. I cleaned my solution, rebuilt, and then used Project → Rescan Solution. I wish this wasn’t required, but at least I can get past the issue.

I’m also experiencing this issue. After I regenerated Visual Studio Project Files the error is gone but it is telling me that a ‘pointer to incomplete class type is not allowed’ even though I have the correct #include and the code runs just fine.

THANK YOU!

Where is the project folder located?
I’ve searched for .sdf and .sln in the Unreal Engine project directories and it found none.