Intellisense doesn't work properly

Include autocomplete only contains headers from the game’s own project files. All UE macros complain. Building is still successful.

What I’ve tried:

• Rebuilt the VS project files
  • Disabled all extensions
  • Done everything mentioned from the documentation: [Setting Up Visual Studio for Unreal Engine][1]

Using UE 4.25 and VS 2019

I would like this fixed for myself as this would be very messy to work with, the red squiggles are whatever, it’s primarily auto completion which helps a lot when learning.

I made a new post since the ones I’ve read didn’t work for me.

304284-anteckning-2020-06-13-114720.png

304283-anteckning-2020-06-13-114538.png

Hey Sezze,

Before rebuilding ue4. Do you delete any folders?
I always delete the folders:

• .idea
  • .vs
  • Binaries
  • Intermediate
  • Saved

I also delete the solution file (.sln)

I do this just to make sure it all gets regenerated.

Also.
I also suggest using Rider for unreal.
link text
I switched to it some time ago. And for ue4 it is a lot better than stand-alone VS.

That’s not working. i created new project and tryed to add c++ file and intellisense didn’t worked properly. I thing something happend with generation project files in 4.25. Because, if you generate project files manually, all be alright.

I’ll consider Rider. But I did remove those directories and it’s still acting strangely. It “works”, just doesn’t always autocomplete which gets quite annoying. And false warnings as you saw.

Yee, i see. I have the same problem. I suppose that wiil be fixing in future. So, we can only wait now:( or fix source engine code ourself.

Forgot to mention, also tried just building the solution which was suggested. Didn’t help.

Thanks I’ve tried Rider for UE now and it worked so much better due to its sole purpose being Unreal 4 development!

I am new to the Unreal Engine and I am also facing the same problem. Did you find any solution for this problem in Visual Studio?

Wow, thanks. You literally saved my day, because after engine’s update my VS started spamming over 13k errors even in the simplest classes, despite the fact that compilation was alright!

On that note, if you go to engine window and File > Refresh Visual Studio Project, the 13k or so Intellisense errors ought to disappear. Still, doesn’t fix the fact that it takes so long for Intellisense to update and start auto-completing that at this point it’s better to work in Notepad++ and actively avoid Intellisense so you don’t rely on it.

Really not sure if it’s VS or UE that is the cause. But certainly not my machine.