Integration with Metahuman, and general design practice

I have a sort of ‘design’ or ‘best practice’ question I think:
I have a custom C++ class (Call it ‘RootHero’) that inherits from ‘AMICharacter’ (3rd party class that inherits from the base ‘ACharacter’) as well as IAbilitySystemInterface (to implement GAS stuff). Then in my Unreal project, I have a blueprint class (call it ‘BaseHero’) that uses ‘RootHero’ as a parent, in which I implement some game logic, ect. The skeletal mesh for BaseHero uses the default mannequin mesh from UE examples. I wanted to start trying to use Metahumans for the skeletal mesh, since I’m fairly ignorant to the 3D-design space. But if I try to simply swap the skeletal mesh to the example metahuman I hit a roadblock- I’m presented with a list of meshes from the metahuman I downloaded, but none of them seem to be a skeletal mesh in so far as I understand them. I see Face_Archtype, or m_mid_nwr_body, or w/e, but these seems to just be body parts. Any advice, best practice, or resources, for how to use these fancy metahuman models for my existing blueprint character classes? (or I’m possibly missing the intended use-case for metahuman? or not really designing my inheritance structure right?)

Not sure if it’s best practice per-se, but I’ve found the following guides that seems to allow use of metahumans as I wanted above: