Instanced Static Mesh Component Materials Not Working

I’m having a problem where my Instanced Static Mesh Components aren’t being created with materials.
The only reason / solution I’ve seen for this is the Instanced Static Meshes material usage setting, which I already have enabled.
At a loss for what to do, anything else I could be missing?

How are you making the instances?

1 Like

I am just using ‘Add Instance’ on an event.
Essentially I’m doing a functionality study trying to create a building system where the wall meshes change based on their neighbors in order to connect. It’s fully working, just the material thing has me hung up.
Is it an issue of using instanced meshes at runtime? Besides the materials they seem to be fully functional…
Side note- I’m only using instanced meshes because ‘Set Static Mesh’ with SM components wasn’t working at all for some reason.

Any help?

A solution to either issue would be great.
The ‘Set Static Mesh’ issue is really weird. It’s not working on input events, but everything else like Begin Play is fine.

All I can do is put the same code in as @eldany.uy

2 Likes

Unfortunately that’s essentially what I’m already doing, just at runtime. Which may be the issue but would love if someone could confirm. As I said it seems to work well, aside from the materials, which would be weird if it’s only intended to be used in construction.
Thanks for replying though.
If no one knows then I may just have to go back to static meshes and figuring out why ‘Set Static Mesh’ isn’t working, which I know should. Will do some more troubleshooting before making a topic on that specific issue.

1 Like

I have a similar issue with Instanced Static Mesh component, for some reason it works fine on the viewport, but when I package it to the Hololens platform I have a weird behavior. Using Unreal Engine 4.27 works fine but in UE 5.1 it doesn’t render the instanced static mesh.
Any hint?