Install patch from another machine

Hey, I need to download stuff like the newer engine version from a different pc, now i copied the 4.7 and even the launcher folder to my machine…it just wont accept the version & asks me to download it. There has to be a config file for the launcher I cant find ?

Hi Apfeluymous,

Are you running on Macs or Windows?

-Max B.

Windows 7 (64)

Hey Apfelnymous,

The usual process users have been using is to install the Launcher itself normally to the same location, and then copy the engine installations into the same Launcher directory.

You do have to select to “Install” from the Launcher still, but if the engine is in the right place, and up-to-date, then the installation will go into a “Verifying” stage and not need to download anything when that’s done.

If you see downloading, notice how much it says will be downloaded, and check that you definitely put the engine in the right place, and that you copied it from a machine that did have the latest Engine installed. (i.e. if you placed a copy of 4.7.2 onto the next machine, it would still download some files to make it into 4.7.3)

Let us know how you get on!

Hi apfelnymous,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try Swifty’s suggestions and post back here with your results.

Cheers,

TJ