Inside Unreal: Prototyping Sailing Mechanics

I’m kinda disappointed that it says from scratch yet an expensive marketplace asset was used for the base. Seems like you guys just want to boost the sales for your friends asset… there is an ocean project on forums for free that you could have used, and it has boats already in it. that’s sad.

Not only that you picked at the blueprints for wind and did not make any of it yourself. if that had been my asset I would be super ■■■■■■ off.

wow that ‘from scratch’ sure Rocked the Boat errr… Ship … you know what i mean lol :stuck_out_tongue:

We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to improve how we communicate the content of our episodes and what folks can expect to learn. We’ve changed the title to better reflect the content, and hope to see you next week as we continue to go over aspects of what’s involved in creating a game prototype. The best place to provide feedback for the livestreams is in the post-episode survey, which can be found here.

How to remove the visibility of water and its physical impact on the player inside a small boat (dinghy)?

Well, since the War Galleon wasn’t a free asset or shared. I found this fantastic Blender tutorial on how to make a pirate ship. Guy has it super in-depth in 73 episodes! Episode 6 or 7 gets you to where this course essentially is. I have never used blender before but can follow these videos with no problem. https://youtu.be/sQWPG9TrK9w.

2 Likes

Hi, is there any tutorial on this in YouTube? Thanks.

Is there any talk of this marketplace asset becoming free next month?

<3

on unreal youtube channel

I guess it was because it wasn’ planned long enough before airing this. but next time try to make the market place content used be part of the free content for that month.
Or better yet, reverse it and make a prototype with the available free content. I thing that would be inspiring to see what someone withe experience makes with the free content.

For one of the next shows I would really like to see how to prototype a full game loop. (what variables go where in the editor and how to transition from menu’s to ingame and back)

staring screen/menu -> new game -> player dies 3 times (how to re-spawn, the score should be remebered somewhere but damage should resset) -> back to highscore screen -> back to start screen
as a bonus store highscore
bonus 2: save and loud a game in progres

This is great for people who have an extra $35 USD to spend!