Inside Unreal: Prototyping Sailing Mechanics

WHAT
This week we’ll create a sailing game prototype! Andreas Suika will demonstrate several areas of the engine to make a small sailing game. We’ll use Marketplace content and create custom assets in Blender to be sent over to the engine. Instead of going deep on one topic we’ll leverage tools like Niagara for wind effects, materials for sails, and how to use the gameplay framework in Unreal to make something playable fast, while being able to keep player feedback in mind.

WHEN
Thursday, August 13 @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
Twitch

WHO
Andreas Suika, Technical Evangelist - @anonymous_user_bf34b616_](https://twitter.com/AndiDev_)
Victor Brodin - Community Manager - @victor1erp](http://twitter.com/victor1erp)

RESOURCES
Cartoon Water Shader (Marketplace Pack)
Cartoon Water Shader Breakdown (80.lv article)
Blender To Unreal Addon (you must connect your Epic Games and GitHub accounts and be logged in to GitHub to access)

ARCHIVE
Prototyping Sailing Mechanics | Inside Unreal - YouTube

2 Likes

Neat can’t wait to see it. :slight_smile:

Brilliant Idea, Finally a real workflow to learn how to start a game from scratch, a lot of people and young developers will learn a lot from this stream.
Can’t wait to see the stream, Thank you guys for bringing up this amazing idea.

Looking forward to this one!

Oh this should be fun! On the calendar :wink:

Finally been waiting for something like this for a long time!

super excited about this

Very interesting for me, experianced developer but UE beginner. Will there be an uploaded video of the stream where people like me can look it? Because on Thuesday i do not have time ;(

Very nice!

I’m always excited for big flashy technical demonstrations, but looking at workflows and efficient use of the engine is something very valuable as well, probably even more so.

Aww yeah, long awaited idea for stream! how to create motorcycles in ue4 would be also a cool stream! :smiley:

Awesome guys!! Thank you! I don`t want to miss it.

Great! On my schedule! :slight_smile:

I would really love to see a real workflow from start to finnish including UI and packaging stuff

Are there any assets that should be downloaded prior? Looks like a fun stream!

I’m excited, I hope we get to do c++

I hope I will make it in time for this stream :slight_smile:

Is it possible to know the marketplace content before the stream? People like me who have a slow internet speed would really appreciate it.

I will wait for this

Great!!! add to my calendar schedule!

Youtube Link? I don’t Use Twitch