Indirect shadow for archviz problem

Hi guy!

First,sorry for my bad english…:frowning:

Well,i have a probleme with a indirect shadow in my archviz rendering.
On my picture at number “1” i have a really great indirect shadow.Very nice!
But at “2” i have no indirect shadow,the chair fly…It’s a probleme for get a good realistic rendering…

I have change the scale to world setting to 0.9…0.8…0.5…0.2…0.1!..i have change the smooth to 0.6…I have build to preview,medium,production…but i have all ready the same probleme.He dont’s cast a indirect shadow to the small object…

What is this problem?

Thanks for help!

The lack of shadowing from the chair legs is mostly due to the smoothing done by Lightmass to hide error in the indirect lighting. Small detail shadows are lost when this is done.

Things to try:

• Make sure your lightmap resolution is high enough, there would need to be about 4 texels directly under the tiny chair legs to pick up those shadows
  • IndirectLightingQuality 4 or 6 combined with IndirectLightingSmoothness .6 (build times will go up)
  • Disable lightmap compression. There’s an option under WorldSettings → Lightmass

However, I think that even with all those increases to lighting accuracy, shadows of that size will not be picked up by Lightmass.

hi try playing with your static lighting level scale in your world settings. The more you lower the settings the more secondary shadows you shall get. To learn more about this go to this website https://ue4arch.com/ue4archs-unreal-engine-4-lighting-workflow-part-1/