Incorrect Groom Physics when rendering with anti aliasing option using Movie Render Queue

Me too… Those hairs and clothes ■■■■ moving craaaazy. did you solve this ?

By the way… I found a WORKING solution !
Go to the Hair Physics in your groom
In the solver choose “custom” the re-choose the correct solver exemple:spring
Then rendering with AA works !! (5.1 or 5.2)

3 Likes

I don’t have that option…

I found out that there is no problem when I render a fragment of one camera within the camera cut, and the hair only gets buggy when transition between cameras is happening, although nothing happens to the character at the moment of transition, the camera just changes.
Camera cut warm up doesn’t help either.

So I guess the workaround solution is to render each camera separately. I hope this will be fixed in the future.

If that didn’t help for others, you should try something from these options:

Turn off Hair physics if you don’t actually need it and just need static hair
Try disabling Motion blur, I know cases when this helped with Cloth and Hair simulation. If you need Motion blur you can add it later in the post production in Davinci/After/Premier etc.
Try adding Engine Warm Up Count or Enabling “Render Warm Up Frames” inside Anti-aliasing settings in Movie Render Queue. Also try high Warm Up numbers like 300-600
Try Disabling/Enabling Override AA checkbox, have multiple cases it helped when Disabled
Try not using Anti-aliasing at all, see if it works without it - not the best workaround, but if having AA isn’t crucial for you, you can get rid of it if it is helping
Try “Go to the Hair Physics in your groom. In the solver choose “custom” the re-choose the correct solver example:spring”

1 Like

Obviously you need the engine plugin content visible, the solver is Groom Content/Emitters/Niagara Systems

Same thing the engine version is 5.3.1 but still get the shaky result, any thoughts?

Thank you everyone for sharing your work around,
Here I found something that is working for me at the moment.

The physics seems to be related with the Temporal Sample count as soon I put it down to one the Clothing sim started to behave in a more realistic way.

Try playing around with the Temporal Sample count to have a better sim and if you want better quality in your image bump your Spatial sample count.

Is my first time being useful here, thank you to everyone this forum has been really helpful to me.

1 Like

Hello @InnervationBros
Do you mean to add this command as a startup console command in movie render queue ? Could you kindly elaborate more on this ? I am confused with where to add this command. Please refer to the screenshot below. Should I add this as a standard cvar (marked as 2 in the pic) or as a startUp console command ?

Hi, forget about that, the sim of grooms are niagara not cloth.

In 5.3 you should follow that, it’s at least working for me.
So you can now cache the “good simulation” to disk so when you render with temporal samples it’s interpolate in the cache gracefully.

This helped me:

Hey

I have the same Issue with 5.4… I did the Niagara caching solution but it helped in some cases and made it worse in others. Honestly I don’t understand why they don’t solve the issue by default. I mean the hole appeal of metahumans is the quality.

Is it a different case for metahumans? In my case I’m rendering an action film so motion blur is important. Please if someone have done this before I’d appreciate the help!