In LOD 0 the materials are mixed up.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Assets

Summary

In LOD 0 the materials are mixed up.

Steps to Reproduce

I had a blueprint that was a modular model of a bridge. The blueprint contained only static meshes. I converted the blueprint to a static mesh to combine several meshes into one using - actor - convert BP to a static mesh. Then I noticed that the resulting model had its normals reversed. To fix this, I went into modeling tools, used the command attributes - normals - checked the Recompute normals, Fix inconsistent normals checkboxes. Everything looked correct in the viewport, but as soon as I clicked accept, I noticed that several materials were applied to the wrong static meshes (more precisely, to the wrong part of the mesh). I opened the mesh viewing window and realized that the materials were accepted correctly, but on LOD 0 several materials were somehow mixed up, for example, there was a different material in slot 194.

Expected Result

Multiple materials can get mixed up and applied incorrectly in one of the LODs (mine was the only LOD0)

Observed Result

Multiple materials get mixed up and applied incorrectly in one of the LODs (mine was the only LOD0)

Platform(s)

windows 10, UE5.3.

The only way to avoid this problem is to use the Merge actors tool, instead of convert BP to a static mesh.