Importing Textures Issue

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Summary

When I try to import a texture more than twice, the second time, the texture will get stuck on importing and then I have to restart the whole editor.

Steps to Reproduce

Import a texture, then import another one, the second one will get stuck on importing.

Expected Result

The texture will import normally and I won’t have to restart the editor.

Observed Result

The texture gets stuck on importing

Platform(s)

UEFN, PC

Additional Notes

Could be other assets other than textures, I have only tested textures. Started V29.10

Hello,

Thanks for the report,

Are you importing a texture by dragging + dropping the file into the Content Browser or by using the ‘Import’ button?

Is this only with 2 different textures, or if you try to import the same texture twice do you have troubles?

2 Likes

first question: both
second question: 2 different textures, but everything after the second texture will do the same as the second texture

1 Like

The status of FORT-727965 incident has been moved from ‘Needs Triage’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Cannot Reproduce’

2 Likes

Thanks for that,

I was unable to reproduce this.

I have a folder of images, I dragged and dropped images from the folder into the content browser and was able to import 3 without issue.

I see that the bug reporter created a Jira ticket but set the status to ‘Needs More info’ - Are you seeing this happening in just one of your projects, or all of your projects?

Consider recording a video of what you’re seeing.

1 Like

all projects even a new one I made yesterday. sometimes it does vary and I can import 3 before it happening or 2 but never more than 4.

i did have the same issue in ue5.4, but i found a trick to import textures, that is copy texture files inside the content folder of the project, and them, into unreal engine, the program recognize that files and ask for import them …press yes, and in that case all texture are imported in right way, maybe on uefn works too