importing Root Motion Issue

I’ve imported a model I made from blender, with the correct units and scale on the asset (I believe). The animations were originally not properly scaled, but I though I found a way to scale everything and apply the scale without somehow destroying the model. Without the scale, my model would exist ~600 units away from the origin when I enabled the root motion (and in an incorrect orientation). After I thought I fixed the issue, the model would rotate -134 degrees about the x axis when I enable root motion. the rotation will arbitrarily change when I change the settings on the root motion lock (it changes when I select Zero), but will never be what I should be seeing when enabling root motion. I’ve tried importing the model with different transform and bone orientation settings (not every possible combination yet), and will get even more variations when I enable root motion, but never the correct orientation. I’ve noticed that the mesh relative starts to change instead of the bone when I enable root motion, I am not sure if that means anything. I’ve already tried different import settings, like convert scene and force x axis (which breaks the thing). The root bone itself is not all 0’s and '1 for location rotation and scale, but I don’t know if it should be (it’s -71 about the x, not -134). I am at the end of my wits, any help would be greatly appreciated.

video of issue here