importing mesh fbx from blender to unreal engine and turning see through/black

I am pretty new to unreal engine and i have been trying to search for this answer all over youtube and forums with no luck. i am importing a mesh i made on blender 3.5 to unreal engine. i uv mapped it on blender before i exported and yet when i import to unreal engine i get a semi black- or semi transparent mesh on unreal engine. im using a template when i import it as well so lighting should be pretty setup where i put the static mesh in. any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes

A picture would help, but it sounds like you don’t have good normals. Try rebuilding the normals either in Blender or the engine geometry tools.

2 Likes

Because You’re normals are flipped. For resolve this issue, select your mesh–> Press Tab(to enter the editing mode)–>Then select a face and press “A” to select everything → Then press “Shift+A”.

I hope your problem will resolve.

Follow and connect with me for more tips.

1 Like

when i shift+A it asks me what new mesh to create

For anyone else viewing this that might have same issues this is how i resolved it. (i also used the face selector tool and selected all before fixing the normals) i didnt just flip it because i have a lot of hard to see detail that is inset into my pillar so i did this…

and then i exported it again into unreal engine.

with this being the final result…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.