Imported FBX doesnt look the same at all

Working on my first project. Twin stick shooter. Threw together this mesh of a revolver in blender (cycles, principled shader, merged into one object, imported the Ue Manni to get object to proper scale [revolver is set to scale 1 in blender and fits the manni]). When I import it into my game the materials dont match up at all.
It also floats about 6ft from the origin (I presume this is because I hadnt updated the object origin in blender forgetting to before the export and I have corrected that now but havent tried a new export yet)

All the materials come into Ue and they dont look right in the browser. Rather than being black metal they are solid gold or just gray.
Id appreciate some tips where to look to fix this. I assume it’s a sizing problem or maybe something to do with the principled shader?

There’s no universal material format, so you’ll need to recreate your material in UE4. UE4 also uses 0,0,0 as the origin or pivot point for assets.

oh crap…
I can use the same concepts though I assume? Type in same numbers, use the same textures and rough maps?

Thanks for the quick answer and everything. I had read on learning the principle shader that is was compatible with Ue. They probably meant anything you do could be transferred over easy by doing same things…I assumed it meant it would just export over.
Any quick easy links for mimicking things I did in principle shader in Ue?

When you say 0,0,0 you mean where the object I created was sitting in blender dont you? Which actually makes perfect sense because I scaled the item to the Mannequins hand where it was standing. Which leaves the revolver in that position floating at about that height… face desk

UE4 uses PBR metalness for it’s materials.

Base_color: is your albedo or diffuse

Metalness: should be pretty much black and white .Black for any non metal parts (included painted or rusted metal), white for metal parts (like the gold detail on your weapon). The material will look at the base_color texture for the value to use to determine the color of the specular reflections for the metal parts. You can use greys for the transition between metal and non metal for things like rust or fading in paint.

Specular: Don’t touch, leave this at the defaults for almost every material

Roughness: Black is 100% smooth and glossy, white is completely rough.

You should look up values on PBR guides for your base color values, there’s very specific colors for metals like gold, copper, iron, nickle, etc. Black as Charcoal is 0.02, as white as snow is 0.8.

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Intro_…ials_(Tutorial)

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/…hysicallyBased

Thanks again. Should be easy enou

Thanks again. I was using PBR for most of the design any way. Quick glance, I’ll just have to move the materials in and get used to slightly different interface.
Appreciiate the links too. Always makes it easier when someone 1)knows them already 2) has an idea of whats going on approves them, helps verify it covers what i need.