Import Errors

Hi I’ve looked through the Docs for these errors however I haven’t found a solution. The model I am importing comes through well, except in the perspective screen (the model shrinks so viewing animations is barely possible). I am wondering if these errors can have solutions to greatly impact an end product in and of UE4.

How can I fix my errors when exporting from blender into UE4? I receive these errors:

ERR 1: Missing influence on vert #. Weighting it to root. (Head_end, hands_end [all digits] and feet_end [all digits] are missing from bind pose)

ERR 2: Bone size is too small to create Physics Asset from Skeletal Mesh. Create physics asset manually.

ERR 3: No smoothing group information found on FBX scene. Enable ‘Export Smoothing Groups’ option in the FBX Exporter plug-in before exporting the file. → I cannot find this option

I have posted on a blender exchange forum with no results. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi ,

Most of the errors are saying that the mesh vertices are not skinned properly to the bones/joints. The final error indicates your model is entirely too small in Blender although it is only referring to one bone/joint. Here are some videos that show you how to properly set up your skeletal mesh in Blender and successfully export the result so that it can be imported into UE4:

1. Blender and UE4 part 1
  2. Blender and UE4 part 2
  3. Blender and UE4 in a Nutshell

Please view these and let us know if there is something that you need to know that they did not cover.

Thanks!