Implementing Rollback Netcode

Hello, I’m currently working on a fighting game using Unreal 5.2 and blueprints.
Before I go to far on development I would like to implement rollback netcode, but I’m unable to find any comprehensive tutorial or documentation on how to make it work in Unreal.
I know how the system should work, but I have no clue on how to start implementing it in Unreal.
Would it be possible to implement it using blueprints?
Thanks in advance.

Hey there @Jonner94! Welcome back to the community! Rollback with blueprint would be a difficult endeavor. If you were to require it, I’d recommend working in C++ and you’d require custom tick and everything you’d do would have to be determinate so nothing with built in physics. A great writeup by Rufus on this thread can get a bit more of an idea from a high level. Depending on your use case, there are also some tutorials that will help you with the general idea.

I know GAS (Gameplay Ability System) implements something similar to rollback but it’s outside of my wheelhouse and I can’t find a proper resource on it.

Disclaimer: One or more of these links are unaffiliated with Epic Games. Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.

Then here’s an excellent talk from Netherealm studios on it:

Thank you for the quick response! As mentioned before I have an understanding of how rollback network should work, and I have already came across the other forum post and Netherelam video, but I was looking for something more in-depth, since all post or talks about the topic only discuss just the surface of how rollback works.

Hmmm, how about an implementation in Unreal or one in a custom engine for inspiration?

Disclaimer: One or more of these links are unaffiliated with Epic Games. Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.

(Not https secured link)
http://blog.hypersect.com/rollback-networking-in-inversus/