Impact Event Visuals - Suggestions?

Hello all! Sorry if this might be wrong location! I am trying to get some feedback on where I should begin and what steps anyone could recommend for creating an visual recreation of an impact event object. I am trying to recreate some scenes from various “Doomsday” movies where an asteroid/meteor enters the Earth’s atmosphere. I am using an HTC Vive but I am less unsure about the integration of the visual into a virtual environment as I am in just knowing where to start creating the visual and how I should place it in the level. Should it be a pre-rendered visual created in something like After Effects and inseted? Shold I try to recreate it using in engine particles and simulation of effects (if so what step’s might be suggested?). I believe I’m probably overthinking it but for some reason I seem to be a bit brain locked as to where to begin lol. I will include a few links to some examples and hopefully you guys might provide some recommendations! Thanks and be well!

Deep Impact (8/10) Movie CLIP - The Comet Hits Earth (1998) HD - YouTube - First 15 seconds - Film “Deep Impact”

Meteor Hits Russia Feb 15, 2013 - Event Archive - YouTube - Meteor explosion over Russia in 2013

Armageddon - Paris - YouTube - 16-26 seconds - Film “Armageddon”

Well, thought I’d share my progress until some feedback might start coming in…

Basic Actor using Rock mesh and a particle emitter - WIP obviously havent had much time to start digging in lol